PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
DOXA INSURANCE HOLDINGS LLC
Effective Date: [January 6], 2022
Last Reviewed on: [January 6], 2022
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
In particular, our Website has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|Category||Examples||Applicable California Residents||Retention Period|
|A. Name, Contact Information, and Identifiers.||Identifiers such as online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.||[Website visitors who voluntarily provide such information]|
|B. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||[Website visitors]|
|C. Geolocation data.||Precise geographic location information about a particular individual or device.||[Website visitors]|
Our Website obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
We do not sell personal data about California residents.
In the past twelve (12) months we may have engaged in delivering online advertising that was tailored to your interests, which might be deemed to be a sale of data under the CCPA, but we did not disclose personal information that would identify you by name, address, or phone number.
2. Individual Rights. Subject to certain exceptions, California residents have the right to make the following requests, at no charge, up to twice every twelve (12) months:
- Copy – You may request a copy of the specific pieces of personal data that we have collected about you in the prior twelve (12) months and have this delivered, free of charge, either (a) by mail or (b) electronically in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily useable format that allows you to transmit this information to another entity without hindrance.
- Deletion – You may request deletion of your personal data that we have collected about you in the prior twelve (12) months. Once we receive your request and confirm your identity, we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
- Know – You may request that we provide certain information about how we have handled your personal data in the prior twelve (12) months including the:
- Categories of personal data collected;
- Categories of sources of personal data;
- Business and/or commercial purposes for collecting your personal data;
- Categories of third parties/with whom we have disclosed or shared your personal data; and
- Categories of personal data that we have disclosed or shared with a third party for a business purpose.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve (12) month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. We will not discriminate against you for exercising these rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
3. Submitting Requests. You may submit requests to delete, copy, and/or know personal data we have collected about you by contacting us, as indicated below:
DOXA Insurance Holdings LLC
6920 Pointe Inverness Way, Suite 140
Fort Wayne, IN 46804
Attn: Jestin Davis
Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us for us to determine if your information is in our system. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.] If you need to access this Privacy Notice in an alternative format due to having a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Changes to Our Privacy Notice. We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.